realm's word

Undistorted Views (through rose-tinted lenses)

Vikter....


I don't have much time to spare today - I'm in the middle of ten things, but as an early week gift, I (with great thanks to Honey Soul - see links tab on the right and check out her fantastic site)give you a very nice mix tape by the man, Vikter Duplaix.

Vikter is best known for his spiritual, soulful and sexy brand of House music. Although it's not possible to put him in any one category. Take Mark de Clive-Lowe's ability to construct uptempo beats and mix in some abstract soul.

Now, splash on some sweet smelling cologne, pour some smooth Bourbon on ice and make sure you're wearing a trilby hat - THAT'S how you prepare for his music.


I'm pleased to say that Vikter will be releasing a new album in the not too distant future, when? Not quite clear, but I look forward to it, 'Bold and Beautiful' was a spiritual experience.
To keep abrest with Vikter, be sure to check out his MySpace.

Now do yourself a favour and hear Vikter Duplaix 'in the mix'...he writes, sings, produces and DJ's... click here for the download

And just for good measure, my personal fave Vikter track... the illusive Manhood Remix... it's hard to track down any online posting of it, but this YouTube video by dancer Tovu gives you a decent idea of how the song sounds... check out decent online MP3 retailiers to find the proper MP3 file of this remix, perhaps someone like 7Digital will be helpful.. I know iTunes does not have it (I have it on Vinyl, of course!).

0 comments:

Post a Comment