realm's word

Undistorted Views (through rose-tinted lenses)

Introducing Andreena Mill



Andreena Mill is a name that most of us don’t know.
I first came across her when listening to Drake’s version of ‘Closer’ (as mentioned on a previous blog entry).
At 1.26 into the song, Drake says: ‘‘Gimme 20 in the tank on 3, I'm in the Range bumpin Keyshia Cole
Singin off-key like...’’ and then we hear Andreena’s beautiful vocals and then throughout the rest of the track.

Hear for yourself


It was that first vocal hit that got me thinking I should learn a bit more about her.
As you may expect, her affiliation with Drake makes her a Toronto based Canadian and serves as futher proof that Canada’s music scene is not to be ignored.

I will say however, that she’s way more R’n’B than Neo Soul, which is a shame as her vocal ability would take her far, however that’s her prerogative. Vocal talent is vocal talent.

Style wise, perhaps think 702 meets Blaque (Ivory) meets Brandy meets Left Eye.

The following link will take you to her mixtape download, judge for yourself. I’m not saying that I enjoyed her own tracks, but I do think that with the right direction and focus, this girl is talented.

Click Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment