realm's word

Undistorted Views (through rose-tinted lenses)

Spotify Playlist - Commercial Rap and R'n'B


Embracing ‘new’ technologies and fads is what our generation are all about. After all, it’s the communication age.

I think it must have been in January 2009 when I started using Spotify although I can’t and won’t become a premium user for a few reasons. The first and main reason is that the library of music which I know to be rapidly increasing, does not extend to the music that I would like to feature. As an example, even Anthony David – soul singer from Georgia – who recently signed to friend India Arie’s ‘Soulbird’ label which is linked with major label Universal Republic, is not on Spotify’s roster. Another reason is that there tends to be a great deal of what appear to be bootleg style albums. Of course, even if the song you want to hear is on the bootleg, it just doesn’t feel right.
Another reason is that if I’m paying – I like to keep the music all to myself, put it on my iPod etc.

That said, what Spotify allows for and I think, does very well – is the sharing of playlists.

I have compiled a collection for you to use freely and it’s full of some good and some not-so-good Rap, R’n’B and Hip Hop – mainly of the commercial variety.
Let’s just say that it’s a user-friendly, easy listening intro to the world of Pop style Rap and R’n’B music.

It’s got no soul, no credibility, but it’ll get your head bopping nicely.

Simply click on the following link whilst your Spotify programme is running and it’ll load up!

Put this link into your web browser address path:

http://open.spotify.com/user/gavvyb/playlist/0r5tTgjWYMDZS524m4GS41


Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment