realm's word

Undistorted Views (through rose-tinted lenses)

Jay Electronica


Time to make this blog more credible, today we’ve been pretty mainstream orientated and for that I must apologise to those readers who prefer Realms Word when it’s focus is on that which has Soul, heart or an iota of social awareness.
In my defence, my first blog for the day was based on some substance. After all, Nas was and is a very gifted MC and has been a major influence on Hip Hop for a very long time. Remember Illmatic? No? Well then this blog (in general) is most likely not for you. Illmatic, Nas’ first commercially successful LP was and remains a genre benchmark. Admittedly, he’s yet to repeat work of that consistently high level, but that’s normal. My point being, talk of forthcoming, experimental Nas work with Damian Marley is exciting, for me!
To pay just dues to Nas, click play on Jay Electronica’s Nas tribute track... Jay is a gifted man.

0 comments:

Post a Comment