realm's word

Undistorted Views (through rose-tinted lenses)

Lastly...


It wasn’t my intention, but it seems the day emerging along my path as designed by the forces of evil is in some sort of perpetual annoyance scheme, has driven me to the point where I require a canvas on which to paint my frustrations. If my mind state today was a picture, it would strike a resemblance to something straight out of David Bowie’s Labyrinth movie – I’m talking upside-down stairs leading to doors which lead to rooms full of doors mounted on the floor. In a nutshell, today’s one of ‘those’ days, everything that I find frustrating has happened so far.
Since my Yoghurt and Fruit meal, I’ve taken a trip to the local shop to buy my lunch and second lunch (Since you asked: Chicken (dark meat) and Pilau rice. Later, Chicken (white meat) with Caesar salad.)
That’s where the first annoyance took place. The cashier put my shopping through his barcode scanner and I duly packed the contents into a bad. He told me the bill total, I paid in cash. Upon taking the paper-form currency from my light grip, the cashier looked up and smiled in my direction and for a moment I was sure his pupils were vertical, ellipse shape with a rouged tint. I thought nothing of it and awaited my change and in that moment it all became clear as I held out my left hand, fingers close together, palm flat. The cashier leant over and I observed as if stuck in some sort of flux state whilst the receipt was placed into my palm followed by some small change on top. Unsuspecting, I moved my hand horizontally back towards my body but no matter how slowly I moved the frictionless surface areas of both receipt paper and coins made for a slippery movement and like an over-rushed waiter carrying too much food on a tray, the coins slipped off.
Question: How do we make it a law that all cashiers must place coins in your hand before the paper receipt? Or is that too much to ask?
Note to self, always pay by card.

Secondly, there is a black BMW car parked on the street outside and for two days, it’s alarm has been irritating me.

That is all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment