realm's word

Undistorted Views (through rose-tinted lenses)

VJing..ready to become the new standard


So I'm looking at good old www.htfr.com , checking mixers - been a long time since I took my trusty 1210's out of storage and I'm ready to get back into it - new mixer needed. I know I've been out of the (DJ) game for a fair while now (the resurrection cometh), but sheeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiit, has it been THAT long?
In my day, if it had a digital crossfade your were like 'whoa, that crossfade is so damn smoooooooooth'...but now a days, kids got touch screens.
For those who CAN get their mind round how scratching comes across via A/V mixing (i mean how the audience will see the scratching on screen), imagine scratching two images (obviously you'd be scratching a video which includes music too) with your crossfade set to visual 'chroma key' or 'wipe' effect - so the cut isn't just a 'fade' from one image to another...this adds an entire new dimension to VJing to such an extent that simple mixing can now be seen as 'prep work' for VJing... if you don't VJ, you're way behind and in the next few years, perhaps near on redundant in the club scene as VJing becomes ever present..!!!

Man, no matter what level you think you're at as a DJ, step your game UP!

0 comments:

Post a Comment