realm's word

Undistorted Views (through rose-tinted lenses)

Comeback season!


Seem's like this is the year for returns...here is some infor for you and yes, most of these are RnB singers, but dont shoot the messenger!
Maxwell's been working on his return for some time, reportedly a double album entitled 'Black Summers Night', due for release this summer. I'm almost nervous to hear this, I mean...it's been so long-awaited that I hope he does himself justice, it would be a shame to tarnish his legacy. But you know, he's talented and has taken his time over this and anyone who produces music knows, a project is never finished, so I'm guessing he's just improving on Neo Soul perfection.
T-Boz will be back I've heard, as will Miss Kelly Price! Now there's a name I've missed... Kelly Price, for those who don't know, is what you might call a soul singer from the 'old school'. I also hear that she's been in Jamaica working with TOK! Give her a ballad, a microphone and DONE, great music and a very welcome return. As for T-Boz, I have no idea what to expect, let's hope she does herself proud, she's contributed to some classics over the years.
Tank, singer of 'Maybe I deserve' and my personal favourite 'I wanna be that' (prod Jazze Pha) is due to return.
A little birdie tells me to expect a return from Toni Braxton. As I understand it, there will be production work from Rodney Jerkins (Darkchild). Not to sounds all negative on Toni, but the last time she 'came back' seemed to coincide with a period of time when she was broke. What ever happened to making music 'just because'? A word of advice Toni, if Brandy's most recent offering is anything to go by, steer clear of Mr Jerkins.
Jodeci are expected to release their long awaited reunion album. I remember the K-Ci and Jo-Jo album 'X' (remember the single 'Crazy'? THAT album) which had an incredible hidden gem of a track on it by Jodeci call 'Slip 'N Fall'...if that's anything to go by then a return album will be worth while.
Speaking of Jodeci, Dru Hill have apparently once again set themselves up with a new member and will return. 'Dru World Order' was good in some places, at least the guys write and produce, credit where it's due.
New album from Omarion due too (blah blah blah).
And with a recent Brandy offering of course follows another...from Monica - will those two ever be mentioned without ones mind drifting to the other?!
Whitney Houston is out of rehab and recording/writing, so expect something from her, I'd love to see if she can come back with a new sound again, 'it's not right but it's okay' was ridiculous.
Case... yes CASE is due to return! Lets see what happens there, 'cause the album 'Open Letter' was inconsistent to say the least, although I still regularly play 'Crooked Letter'! Looking forward to this one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment