realm's word

Undistorted Views (through rose-tinted lenses)

All-4-One are home again


When I was 11 years old, All-4-One covered a song and it was a global hit.
The song... 'I Swear'. I don't know a single person who doesn't either know or love the track. I listened to the LP on rotation for a long time and to this day know every single word to the album. They were in direct competition with Boyz II Men.

All-4-One had more success with 'I Can Love You Like That'.

Both hits were cover songs of country singer John Michael Montgomery. It seems that Rhythm and Blues works well with country music - just ask Whitney Houston who had major success with 'I Will Always Love You'.

All-4-One seemed to do most of their best commercial success whilst covering other writers' songs.

But they're back in a big way now, mature and a polished act.
'No Regrets' sees the group make a very welcome return, albeit they are making typical soulful ballads, but who cares...any group who've given so many people years of musical happiness from such classic previous material, deserve your attention and the new LP delivers.

Support good music, buy the album.

0 comments:

Post a Comment